Let me preface by saying I completely remember saying how much I love Fall and Winter, cold weather, snow, rain, comfort food, etc. My position has not changed. Fall and Winter are still my favorite babies and I will never choose Spring and Summer over them. Ever. That being said, once the Winter holidays are over, New Year's Day has passed and the Christmas tree has quite literally been kicked to the curb, I start getting a little twitchy for Spring trends. It just all seems so fresh! There's nothing new about brights and florals and crisp stripes and patterns rearing their heads each Spring , but there's just something exciting about seeing what the updated versions are going to be! I thought it might be a fun idea to show you what my favorite new items are in Radiant Orchid, the "color of the year for 2014" from Pantone's Fashion Color Report for Spring 2014. If you aren't familiar with Pantone, their words describe what they do best:
"Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, is the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems and leading technology for the selection and accurate communication of color across a variety of industries. The PANTONE® name is known worldwide as the standard language for color communication from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer."
Translation: They know their shit.
Before we get started, take a look-see at the below chart of 10 colors and let the drooling commence. This is going to get good. I'm not sure I can choose a favorite. Knee-jerk reaction would be "Hemlock" because it's just such an unexpected and fun green, but LOOK at that "Dazzling Blue"!!! I mean......c'MON.
Alright, kiddlets. Here we go...keep your eyes peeled for this color because I have a feeling it's going to be popping up E V E R Y W H E R E. Which color out of the 10 is your favorite?
3. Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in "Grape" (a muted Violet)
4. Ugg "Coquette" Slippers (this color is sold out at Nordstrom but you can join the waitlist)
5. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in "Ultra Violet"
6. Marc Jacobs Enamored Nail Polish in "Oui!"
7. YSL 'Rebel Nudes' Glossy Stain in "108 Violene Out of Control" (I actually own this and the color is beautiful and sheer on the lips. Very wearable.)
9. Kate Spade New York Stud Earrings in "Amethyst/Gold"
11. Stila Color Balm Lipstick in "Gemma"
12. NARS 'Larger than Life' Lipgloss in "Annees Folles"
14. Deborah Lippmann Nail Color in "Between the Sheets"
16. Chuck Taylor Fresh Colors in "Purple Cactus Flower"