So, um, hi. Nice to meet you. These are my bare legs. Geez. If you're just joining us here at Let's Talk About Lipstick, not every post I make looks like some type of XXX billboard. I just wanted to show you how absolutely AMAZING this stuff is. I mentioned it in my last post on Friday for my "Favorites" but I wanted you to see firsthand just how incredible it is. My left leg is my pasty, pale, pinkish Irish skin. Complete with knicks, spider veins, varicose veins (thanks, pregnancy) uneven skin tone and blotchiness. Ham hock on the right is literally immediately after I finished rubbing the Sally Hansen "Airbrush Legs" into my...well, my leg. Look how smooth! Look how tan without looking like Snookie! Look how even! Look how Summer ready! I have to tell you this because it made me laugh, but a couple weeks ago my mom was saying how nice this stuff looks on my legs and then she follows it up with "wow, you have a lot of moles!" Thanks, Mom. I'm aware. *Makes mental note to have my annual mole check at my dermatologist*
I just can't say enough good things about this little can of wonder. It is NOT a self-tanner (it rinses off with soap and water). It is non-transferable which means it won't rub off on clothes. It will not streak when you sweat (I've worn this on my legs in over 100 degree temperatures and it stays PUT). And the last awesome thing about it? It dries INSTANTLY. No waiting for the tackiness to go away before you get dressed like with sunless tanner. This is such a great option if you need some color and uniformity to your skin but you only have 5 minutes. Seriously, that's all you need. I actually had someone comment that it looked like I had nylons on!
I use color "Medium Glow" and I love it. It's just dark enough without looking unnatural, but not so subtle that I feel like it's not showing.
Here's how I use mine:
- Shave legs (husbands and boyfriends rejoice!)
- I spray mine directly into the palm of my hand (usually 6-8 sprays until I get a nice little "pool" of product) and apply directly to my legs using both hands to blend. Don't let it freak you out, the color will come out looking like Oprah's makeup. It blends, I promise.
- Start rubbing into legs starting at the calf and rub up and down and in circular motions until it is completely blended. You may have to add a few more "spurts" of product and repeat this step until you get it totally even.
- Repeat with thigh. Make sure you turn around in the mirror and look at the backs of your legs. This is VERY important.
- Look at your feet. They may need a little lovin' of their own so they look blended with the rest of your leg.
A few important things to note:
- Some people prefer using latex (or latex free if you have an allergy) gloves to keep their hands from getting all murky. Again, it washes off hands with soap and water, but if you want to skip that part, use gloves. Some people think it blends in better with gloves on. I've never had a problem using my bare hands but just know this is an option.
- I usually apply to completely dry legs without lotion. I feel it blends better. However, if you have very dry skin and must apply lotion first, just make sure you give it time to really sink in before you apply the Sally Hansen "Airbrush Legs".