I love Valentine's Day. Something about being surrounded by pink and red and candy and chocolate gets me all hot and bothered. I'd venture to say it's one of my favorite holidays. I'm well aware that that makes me a bit of a weirdo, but whatevs, as Lena Dunham would say "I own my truth." Let me say this: there are some MAJOR beauty items I've been coveting lately. A few of the above items I already own (I'll let you know which below - linked up in the little numbers above this paragraph) and the others I want B A D. Here's what's up. Get ready to drool.
1. Lime Crime Velvetines in "Pink Velvet". These are insane. They go on like a liquidy gloss but they dry to a totally matte finish that looks like velvet (hence the name) that's completely non-transferable (meaning they won't rub off). My favorite color is "Suedeberry" but this Pink Velvet color is perfect for V-Day.
2. NYX Butter Lipstick in "Sweet Tart". I don't know if you're familiar with NYX Butter Gloss, but if not, it's super creamy, thick without being sticky or goopy and soooo smooth. Well, they made new Butter Lipsticks and they have all the same benefits but with more pigment. They are like buttah on the lips.
3. Too Faced "Better than Sex Mascara". I chose this simply because of the name and the fact that the brush is hourglass shaped like Beyonce. Doesn't get much sexier than that.
4. Lancome La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum. I have this and it is unbelievable. It's not my typical fragrance scent but it was a gift and I'm so glad I received it. It's warm, romantic and sweet without being "teenybopper-ish" (that's a word I think). Very sophisticated.
5. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Eyeliner in "Junkshow". Its hot pink liquid eyeliner with insanely gorgeous glitter. I'd wear this with extremely full false lashes and a cotton candy-colored lipstick.
6. Sephora Lips in Bloom Glossy Lip Pencil Trio. I love me a good lip crayon/gloss hybrid. This one has 3 perfect shades for under $20!
7. Um...how adorable is the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush? Swirl all 3 together for a multi-dimensional look, or wear them separately. Save the little box when you've used it up for your stud earrings or knick knacks.
8. Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in "Pink Fever". These are new and I'm stoked to try them. I am a HUGE fan of blush sticks because you can use them on your cheeks, lips and eyelids in a pinch and these new ones are super sheer and supposed to have a "glistening" effect to them.
9. Christian Dior Rosy Glow Awakening Blush. OMG this one is exciting. First off, it adapts to your skin's chemistry and adjusts itself to look absolutely perfect on all skin tones. Secondly, it is rose-scented. Ooh la la! Lastly, because it's Dior, it's milled SUPER fine so the powder is almost creamy, its so smooth. Luxury at its finest.
10. Diorskin Nude BB Cream. This one is almost airy to the touch but it still has great coverage. The groovy part? It has floral water in it which we all know is incredible for the complexion, very calming.
11. Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer in "Candy Shop". This is another one I own. It is completely over the top and loaded with chunky glitter in about every color you can imagine. I wouldn't recommend this one for a job interview, unless you're interviewing as a cruise ship performer or a backup dancer in a Lady Gaga video. Seriously, it looks like you dipped your fingernails in buttercream frosting and then immediately in sprinkles. Good enough to eat.
12. NYX Sex Bomb Femme Fatale Shadow Palette. This one is all new for Spring! I can't wait to start creating some killer looks with that pink and that charcoal gray! They have another new one called "Adorable" which is....well, adorable. These are great little palettes to add to their already uber popular "Natural" and "Smokey" palettes. Bonus: it's under $10!!!
13. YSL Rosy Blush Palette. I mean, does this one even need an explanation? Just LOOK at it. Rosy pink blush with shimmery gold ripples running through it?! My brain is about to explode. I know it would be wise to save this for very special occasions...but I think running to the gas station qualifies, right?
There you have it! Whether or not you'll be wearing these little devils on date night, or at home by yourself with a lap full of cherry cordials, a bottle of wine and Ryan Gosling on your TV screen (ok that second option sounds WAY better than date night....sorry, honey) rest assured you'll look gorgeous while doing so!