I have been a fan of Project Runway for YEARS! My brother would probably kill me for telling you this, but we used to sit on the couch and watch it together and try to predict who would win and who would get booted before the contestants even started showcasing their talent--we're super judgmental like that when it comes to Project Runway #alwaysjudgeabookbyitscover. Just kidding, don't do that, kids.
So when I was asked to recreate two totally different looks that were featured on Project Runway using products that Mary Kay® Global Makeup Artist Luis Casco used, I was like "um YEAH!" Mary Kay® shipped all the beautiful products and provided tutorials for the two looks (Bronze Glow and Sculpted Brows). Keep reading below to see how I achieved each look and what products I used to get there. I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to answer the question below this post in the comments section for a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack!
This is SO totally a look I would wear on a daily basis, especially during spring and summer. It is so fresh and youthful and the bronzer is the PERFECT shade of a cool toned bronze, which is so hard to find and has just the right amount of shimmer. If I had to choose my favorite product from this look, it would be the Mineral Eye Color in "Amber Blaze". It is seriously one of the most gorgeous eye shadows I have ever used and trust me--I've used more than I care to admit.
Here's how I achieved this look:
- Using the Powder Brush, apply the Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium to the high points of the face that the sun would naturally hit to create a sun-kissed look.
- Add the Mineral Cheek Duo in Spiced Poppy over the bronzer with the Cheek Brush. Use the highlighter shade on top of the cheek to give shine.
- Using the Eye Color Brush, apply Amber Blaze and Gold Coast Mineral Eye Colors to the eyelid. Apply Precious Pink Mineral Eye Color to the crease to add more warmth and dimension. Apply Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black to the base of the upper lashes. Apply a couple of coats of Lash Love Lengthening Mascara.
- Add a metallic hint to the lips with NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Beach Bronze.
Next up was the "Sculpted Brows" look. Here are all the lovely products used to achieve the below face...
This look would be gorgeous for fall or winter or even holiday parties. I love that the focus is on the brows and lips, which is so current. I made sure my complexion was flawless and free of any bronzer (so hard for me!) I wanted to seem almost like a porcelain doll so that the attention would be on my brows and lips, not my contouring. Let me just say...this lip color is SO cushiony and comfortable. I'm not typically a fan of lipsticks that aren't a matte or flat satin finish, but this one felt so incredible on my lips. Almost like I was wearing gloss over the top!
Here's how I achieved this look:
- Use the Mechanical Brow Liner to fill in the brows following the natural growth of the hair. Use the Eye Smudger Brush to apply Hazelnut Mineral Eye Color to the highest points of the brows to give more color and emphasis. Follow with the Brow Gel to set the brows in place.
- A soft eye color is best for this look. Pat on Rosegold Mineral Eye Color with your finger and use the Eye Color Brush to blend. Brush on Crystalline Mineral Eye Color as a highlighter under the brow to create contrast. Apply Black Eyeliner to the base of the upper lashes to shape the eyes. Apply Lash Love Mascara in Black.
- Apply the Mineral Cheek Color Duo in Juicy Guava to the cheeks with the Cheek Brush and blend. Then apply the highlighter color to brighten the face.
- Apply True Dimensions Lipstick in Spice ‘N’ Nice to the lips and sculpt the lips with Dark Chocolate Lip Liner. Blot the lips with a Beauty Blotter tissue to create a longer lasting semi-matte look.
Which look would you personally wear yourself and why! Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack of your own!
Feel free to visit the Mary Kay® website, follow them on Facebook and watch their videos on YouTube for different look ideas, videos, tutorials and more!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/31/2015 – 9/27/2015
All products were provided to me by Mary Kay Inc. but all thoughts and opinions are my own.