When L'Oreal sent me a kit chock full of new products, I just about fainted. L'Oreal has been my favorite drugstore brand since forEVER so I was so excited to give these all a go! Seriously...look at this adorable train case they sent me with all these goodies inside!
I'll write up separate posts for the other items, but these Infallible Pro Matte Glosses deserved their own post. I'm obsessed.
I wasn't sure what to expect as the title is a bit of an oxymoron. I mean that in a good way...it intrigued me, which is hard to do when it comes to makeup. A matte gloss? Isn't gloss supposed to be shiny? So if it's matte, does that make it more like a liquid lipstick? Is it dry to the touch? Is it sticky? You can imagine how quickly I wanted to get these on my MOUF!
Here they are in all their glory applied to the back of my hand. The photos pretty much speak for themselves as far as what you're looking at. But here are some pinch points for you:
- HOLY PIGMENT! These babies are sooooo pigmented! I only needed one pass over my skin to get that much opacity. They are not streaky, goopy, thin, or transparent.
- The consistency is somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick. I am a big fan of matte liquid lipsticks because they last a long time, but I'm not keen on how they feel on. These Infallible Matte Glosses were so incredibly cushy and comfortable on my lips. They felt a bit more substantial than a traditional gloss, but they were not heavy in the slightest.
- The applicator is a pointed sponge which makes it so easy to be precise (which we all know is a must when working with bright and bold shades). I still recommend using a liner with these particular shades, but if you can't, you can still get pretty darn specific on where you're laying down your color.
- The finish is 100% opaque with the slightest sheen. I found that I really liked the finish when I lightly pressed a tissue over my lips after application. I got more of a true matte finish.
- They last a realllllly long time. Not quite a lip stain, but damn close. You can rub and rub and rub and you're still going to have color left on your lips. I had to use coconut oil to remove them completely.
Shanghai Scarlet (true red with neutral undertones)
Fuchsia Amnesia (hot pink with blue undertones)
Rebel Rose (darker mauvey pink)
Forbidden Rose (deep berry)
Rouge Envy (cooler undertone pinkish red)
Needless to say, after trying these 5 shades, I'm coveting the rest of the line (10 shades total). These are extremely wearable in terms of formula. You can really customize the finish you get with them depending on whether or not you blot (that rhymed)! Here are all of the shades offered. Top row is what I'm wearing in this post, the row below it are the 5 I need to get my mittens on! Have you tried these yet? Which is your favorite color??